Arc Flash & Coordination Study
Calculate the short circuit fault current levels and protective device setting feeding
switchboards, panelboards, industrial control panels, and motor control centers.
Using the IEEE 1584 and NFPA 70E Standards to perform this incident energy
analysis and calculating the following:
- Flash Hazard Boundary
- Incident Energy (cal/cm2)
- Shock Hazard
- Limited Approach
- Restricted Approach
- Type and Level of PPE needed
An Arc Flash Study will...
- Increase the awareness of flash hazards
- Increase facility reliability, equipment protection, and personal safety
- Comply with NEC Article 110.16, NFPA 70E, and OSHA requirements*